Thursday 19 September 2013

Interview with The authors of "Hero for hire"...

Well after along time ...I  dragged myself into an interview . This time I felt it cool because...
Today we have two authors for same book..Might not be surprising but interesting.....

I proudly announce the Author Merissa And Margaret 's New book Hero For Hire...


First I checked randomly...The blurb it was quite attracting...And I went in to read a bit of story...For my surprise it was a flattening story..and a good feed for readers.

I was unable to get to Margaret but i came up with Merissa

Here she welcomed me with a huge greets of morning......

Good morning!Yadav !  Thanks for having us here today—we’re so excited about our story, and are having so much fun chatting about it. 




You’ve got a cool cover that says “Attracting story” nicely. How much impact do you think covers and blurbs have in getting people to try a book by an unknown author?


Thanks! I think covers are huge. Margaret and I were nervous about how our cover would look—our publisher has cover artists and while we had input on what we’d like to see on the cover, we weren’t involved in the design. So when we got to see what was proposed, we were ecstatic. We both loved it, and sent immediate gushing praise to the cover artist Lyrical had assigned to us.

The blurb, we did come up with, and we’re proud of it. We wanted something that communicated the feel of the writing and the story, so that readers looking at the blurb would get what they expected in the book.

When deciding on a book to buy, the blurb is something I look at in figuring out if it’s a book I will enjoy, and I think that a lot of readers base their decision to buy in large part on the cover and blurb. If they are well done, chances are, the story is too.

How did you go about uploading the book into the Kindle, Apple, B&N stores, etc.? Do you just go through the regular selfpublishing dashboards, or do you need to make an account in the other country?

Happily, Lyrical Press is in charge of getting our story into all the e-book retailers. My contribution has been to obsessively check each of the stores daily to see if Hero For Hire is listed yet.
Kobo, I-tunes, and a couple others allow for the smaller presses to have pre-order opportunities by uploading the book and going live before release date. Others (Amazon and Barnes and Noble—I’m looking at you guys) didn’t have the book go live until right before release date. I don’t know if that’s the case across the board, or just with Hero For Hire.


You told that Everything on your  behalf is done by Lyrical Press..About marketing then what were the process took by Lyrical Press. How did you go about uploading the book into the Kindle, Apple, B&N stores, etc.? Do you just go through the regular selfpublishing dashboards, or do you need to make an account in the other country?  [quite a big question ha !!!]


Happily, Lyrical Press is in charge of getting our story into all the e-book retailers. My contribution has been to obsessively check each of the stores daily to see if Hero For Hire is listed yet.
With  a smile....

.
Kobo, I-tunes, and a couple others allow for the smaller presses to have pre-order opportunities by uploading the book and going live before release date. Others (Amazon and Barnes and Noble—I’m looking at you guys) didn’t have the book go live until right before release date. I don’t know if that’s the case across the board, or just with Hero For Hire.

I see you tweeting book quotations and other such teasers often on Twitter. Can you talk about how social media has played a role in your sales success?

Sure, I’d love to talk about this! This is a first book for both Margaret and I. We don’t already have a fan base, and so we are starting from the beginning with Hero For Hire. Lyrical Pres has given us our own line (Tales from Beyond the End) and we have more books in the works for that line of stories, set in the same world. The reason I’m going on about all that, is because we’re really invested in this line of stories, and Lyrical Press is invested with us. We all want the readers to love Hero For Hire as much as we do. Problem is, none of them have any idea who we are, or what Hero For Hire is.

Social Media to the rescue! You bloggers have been awesome in helping get the word out there about Hero For Hire, as have all our Face Book friends, and our Twitter followers. There’s an amazing community of readers out there, who, when they find a story they love, spread the word like rock stars.  To all of them, we say Thank you. You guys are amazing. Awesome. And we adore you all.

What are you planning next, and where can people {your readers of our blog} find out more?

As I already mentioned, Lyrical has given us our own category, Tales From Beyond the End. Those stories are all set in the same world you read about in Hero For Hire.

In addition, we are working on a line of Contemporary Romances, set in the MMA world, and while we can’t make an announcement on that yet, there will be an announcement soon. I love hearing from readers. So please know, you have an open invitation to email, comment, tweet and facebook me. If you decide to take me up on that, here’s where you guys can find me.

I have a website of my own: www.merissamccain.com, one I share with Margaret: www.bestbooksintheworld.com, and I’m all over social media at

http://www.facebook.com/MerissaMcCain and
http://twitter.com/

MerissaMcCain. My email is merissa.mccain@gmail.com.

If you are looking for Margaret, you can find her at www.bestbooksintheworld.com,

on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mmadiganauthor,
on Twitter at @mmadiganauthor.

I’m always hoping to find new advertising venues that actually work out (i.e. authors make as much from sales as they paid for the ad). Did you do any advertising or has this all been word of mouth?

I did a bit of FaceBook advertising, and have a Goodreads campaign scheduled.  With each, I’m looking more for name recognition than actual sales, because if a reader has seen your name around multiple times, they’re more likely to pick up your book at some point. But I think most sales are generated by awesome reviews, and word of mouth—people telling their friends to pick something up because they’ll enjoy it. My hope is that readers will feel strongly enough about Hero For Hire that they will recommend it to their friends and followers.

You chose a price tag instead of   $0.99 that many indies start out with. Why the higher price and do you think it’s had an impact on sales?

  You asked about our price tag—

Lyrical Press is a smaller press and they are publishing this story under their Ever After line. They set the price tag, and they do it by word count, I believe.  All of their stories follow the same pricing by word count structure.

I love that indies are able to sell stories at the .99 cent price point, but we really felt this story could get the best coverage and editing for Hero For Hire if we went through a reliable small press. I suppose the cost to that is that the price point is higher, but I’d do it again because I think Lyrical has done well by Hero For Hire.

With regard to sales—we’re just starting out, so it’s hard to say. But  I really hope readers will take a chance and pick Hero For Hire up. I think the price tag is not as much a chilling factor to buying the book (after all, it’s priced at less than the cost of a single cup of coffee most places). I think the cost people worry most about is time. No one wants to put time into a story they won’t enjoy. My hope is that reviews and word of mouth will help readers decide that Hero for Hire is a book they’d like to read.
blurb. If they are well done, chances are, the story is too.
 
Hoping that your Book takes a flight.....Feel free .It will be great book of this year for you...Hoping many books from your side.....Anything remained to tell our readres about us..?


Thanks so much for having us. These were awesome questions, and got me thinking about things I hadn’t really considered in depth before.  I love talking about Hero For Hire, and I really appreciate you
Yadav Prashanth giving me the chance to indulge in that.


No comments:

Post a Comment